Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

New Foods

So let the healthy eating adventure begins (or continue to get better).

I have always have great interest in healthy eating. I would get advice from everyone then I would weigh the common sense on the advice. That is my approach of healthy eating.

As much as I love the Trim Healthy Mama eating plan, I just could not take the sweetener they recommend so I decided to just use her other recipes that are full of nutrient and have no sweetener involved, which are still many.

Our dinner meals took the charge of changing first and again I asked the family to rate the meals we had. So far the Sponge Bob's Crabby Patties is a keeper. For breakfast, we added bacon - something I never liked but am learning to enjoy it. Josh is in heaven with that for breakfast. He thinks eggs are sides for bacon!

One thing I appreciate this book is its introduction of some great ingredients. I took a picture of all the "new (to me) foods" for keepsake. It is an investment but the upfront cost is well worth it, in my opinion.

My favorite so far is the nutritional yeast, Omega-3 eggs and sardines.  As I explore and create more meals with this book I am sure I will find more favorites.

Crab Patties that are made with canned sock-eye salmon. Yum!
 
The "New Food" 

1 comment:

Of Sparrows & Butterflies said...

LOVE the Ezekiel 4:9 bread!!! I try to get as much of that as I can!