Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Our Marriage Santuary

I have always wanted to make our bedroom our marriage sanctuary.

When we were in the condo, our room got the most uses out of all the rooms by EVERYONE. Not that I minded but I really wanted to make this room just for me and my love.

After we moved into our new home, I decided to work on this room right after I set up the kitchen area. Since red is my favorite accent color and due to the off white/light yellowish painted wall, I chose the color burgundy (or maroon - depending who you talk with) to be the main accent color for this room as well.

Because I have been de-cluttering these last couple of years, it did not take very long to have it all put together.

Like many projects, there are always some details that would get dragged on for a while before the project can be truly finished. We have a few of those in this room as well. Over all, though, I have achieved the goal for this room and I love how it turned out. It is not fancy but it speaks "us".

Robert made an exciting comment on the orchid and the shutter, saying how he'd never thought such simple combination can just give the room a romantic mood. He is so sweet and encouraging in everything I do. ♥

It remains the cleanest room in the house thus far.

Every morning I thank God for the house and the marriage sanctuary and the peaceful (and wonderful) rest that came with it.

 This is what it looked like when we first moved in - it looked so small and dark that I thought our bed would never fit in there with room to walk around.


This is the shutter/orchid look that Robert praised me for. Looking at this picture makes me smile, remembering how all these items came to us. The shutter was a freecycle find, the tablecloth was from a cloth exchange, the head board from my friend Sarah G and the orchid was a gift from our Realtor when we moved in.

Here is the (almost) final look of the same room. Yes, the bed fits and there are room to walk around. :)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Lovely! Congratulations on your new home and your marriage sanctuary. Plus, it's just wonderful to see that you're blogging again!

Blessings!

Of Sparrows & Butterflies said...

I love it! Love the clors and the lights and how everything just comes together!