Pages

Friday, April 24, 2009

My soap-maid

This is not a new idea but I thought I would post just for fun. Since I couldn't bring myself to buy one of those fancy soap pumps and I dislike the "soapy water sink for soaking" style of cleaning, I came up with this:

I filled up a empty dish soap bottle with water leaving some room close to the top.


Then I fill the "room" with the store bought dish liquid soap.


Give it a good shake.


It's ready to be of service. :)
It saves us lots of money on the soap and water bill and the dishes came out just as clean.

2 comments:

Minniepins said...

That is so smart! I do this, but add water to the soap; I think your method will likely be less 'bubbly'! You wonder how over-soaped the dishwasher and the washing machine are too, don't you? Not to mention how much extra shampoo we probably use?? all about sales, baby!!

Jen said...

Couldn't have agreed more! I have stopped filling the dishwasher detergent to the top and am very picky about the kind of detergent I get. Shampoo, sigh, I am still working on a homemade solution.