Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Perspective

It is hard when you can't get that dream dress you have always wanted.  It is hard when you have to wait until spring comes when you are in the depth of winter.  It is hard when you can't get hold of that uncertainty and make it certain.  It is hard when you lose your job a week before Christmas.  It is hard when you feel like all you could do is to just keep trying and praying.

God has allowed me to go through much in my life because He loves me.  All the trials I have had in my life I came out with a deeper knowledge of the Lord.  Then why would this time be different? I asked myself this question many times.  The only thing I could explain to myself was that perhaps I am older and I am not as spunky as I used to be and fear of the uncertainty sat in quicker.  Of course that is what Satan would want me to think.  Yesterday when I was again having a hard time about Robert's chance of getting a new job, I saw this through the Smallworld, a blog I read. 

I did not know who Edie is until yesterday, but her loss has helped me to put things back to perspective.  Yes, we do not have a job right now and, yes, I don't like this feeling of insecurity, but, I do have my family and a home with years of memories.  For that I am grateful.  I kept thinking of (and praying for) Edie and her family, that how the Lord will use this tragedy to bring glory to Him as that Edie is truly living a life in His grace.

One of my old favorite songs came to mind as I was writing this:
These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me you might have peace. In the world you shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer, for I have overcome the world.

No comments: