Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Peter's Words

"Mummy! Time to get up!"
"Mummy, I got my people!"
"Mummy, may I please have yogurt and syrup?"
"Mummy, come y(l)ook!"

Those were the words from Peter's mouth this morning.  I was smiling inside. I have been so worried about him not being able to say anything clearly that when I heard all of these phrases, I knew he is going to be all right.  He might just be a little late in his verbal skill but he sure is one little guy that is eager in learning e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g!

Tonight he entertained us with some of the songs from the musical "Hello Dolly!" Peter loves musical movies. "Mary Poppins" was the first musical movie he saw and then "Sound of Music" and than "Hello Dolly!".  I will continue to see what other appropriate Musical movie I can find for him to see.

Because movie watching isn't really that good for young children's brain waves, I have purposely cut back his movie viewing time.  He has not watched any lately but I know he will get some in when I have my CM workshops.  That is once a month.  I just do not like the whining attitude he has after a movie.

Speaking of movie, I am off to have our Friday movie night (without Peter as his bed time is 7:30pm).  We are watching "The Boy in Striped Pajamas".

Peter's fine motor skill is improving daily as well. He can now snap those little people's hands together.  Something that requires both precision of sight and strength of the thumb and fingers.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

I love your header. Those are beautiful pictures.

What did you think of the Boy in the Striped Pajamas? I watched that a while back . . . a very sobering movie.

Jen said...

Thanks Melinda. Veronique took Christine's picture and Christine took her brothers'. :)
The movie was very well done. The story portraits the innocent and evil vividly and it is definitely a film that should be view by the next generation so that hopefully this kind of history won't be repeated.