Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Juice Pulp Recipe: Carrot-apple muffin

One thing about juicing, you end up with bunch of pulp.  My next research was to find out how to use these pulp to create something delicious and healthy.  I (again) Googled and have found this recipe of using carrot and apple pulp to make delicious muffins.
Breakfast muffins!  Moist in every bite!  Even Peter likes them! Another winner recipe. 

I forgot where I got this recipe (my bad).  It was not a blog post but was a comment made in a blog post.

I make carrot apple muffins

by Heather
(
USA)
Carrot Muffins (recipe found online) If you can’t use the pulp right away, freeze it in a plastic bag and defrost before baking. You can also use grated carrots – equal amounts apply. While I switched to whole wheat flour, you might experiment with other whole grains. Either way, it’s a delicious way to get your veggies and a healthy dose of fiber, starting at breakfast:) Makes 12-16 muffins: - 2 Cups whole wheat flour - 1 Cup extra virgin olive oil - 1/4 cup water - 1 Teaspoon sea salt - 2 Teaspoons cinnamon - 1 Teaspoon nutmeg - 2 Teaspoons baking Soda - 2 Teaspoons vanilla - 3/4 Cup Sucanat or brown sugar - 2 Cups carrot pulp which is CARROTS - 4 Medium to large pastured eggs - 1 Cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional) (I use Pecan) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease approximately 12 muffin tins thoroughly. Mix the whole wheat flour, olive oil, water, salt, baking soda, eggs, and sugar first. After the first group of ingredients are blended, add in the remaining ingredients and mix again thoroughly. Put into muffin pan and cook for about 20 minutes. Let cool for about 10 minutes and serve!

3 comments:

penairmy2cents said...

I love this recipe! I just tried mine for the first time. They didn't turn out fluffy like yours, and they're probably a bit undercooked, but they are definitely moist and delicious!

Anonymous said...

I loved this recipe!!!:) I halved it cause i know if i had alot of muffins laying around i would eat them all ha i did tweak it a lil.i used half olive oil and half coconut oil i also cut the sugar in half and added a little but of agave i didn't add any nuts cause i didn't have any on hand.my favorite juice pulp recipe mainly because all the other ones on the Web are not very healthy which kinda defeats the purpose.oh and i also added a honey and orange juice glaze which just uped the flavor so much:)

Kimberly Ann said...

Thank you -- this was helpful. I was trying to find a way to use up the juicer pulp for the fiber content. My husband prefers the Vitamix because of the fiber but I don't like how thick the juice is. I prefer juicers that extract the pulp. This was a perfect alternative. I adapted several recipes I found online to work with what I had on hand. Thank you for your help!

Kimberly Ann ResourcesforChristianWomen.com