Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Made in U.S.A.

I am not an economist but I am often bothered whenever I read articles regarding the recent economic recession we are experiencing with the author's fingers pointing to all directions.

I think we need to look closer at our own shopping habit as American citizens.

Whenever I shop and see a tag/label that says "Made in U.S.A.", it would just make my day.  I remember while growing up, whenever I received anything that were made in the U.S.A., I would treasure them to pieces.  When I came to America for good, I was so happy and thought to myself that I could get everything that are made here at anytime and anywhere.  Imagine my shock when I saw most goods were made overseas.

To rekindle my love of products that are made in the U.S.A, I always try to buy items that are made here. I know it is a little pricier, but whenever I could afford it, I'd do it.  I even became a direct sales consultant of a wonderful product line that was handcrafted in the U.S.A.. But sad as it was, like many big companies, they shifted most of their products overseas for cheaper labor to produce.  I lost my zeal in selling the items that I no longer believed in the quality of workmanship.  I eventually quit selling it.

Even though I try to purchase everything that are made here, one exception being the purchase of our vehicles.  We have two foreign made cars.  I am not thrilled about it but because they are bigger price tag items and at this point in our lives, we have not many choice.  However, we do buy American gasoline.  For our next vehicle, though, we are hoping to get a Ford.

This evening when I opened my Google homepage, I saw yet another piece of news article about the recession and blaming the cause was due to no one wants to pay for the American made product's high price tag.  It made me wonder if there are anyone out there (in America) are for the U.S.A. product any more?  So I Googled it and to my delight, I found some bloggers are actually taking action on helping the public consumers to find U.S.A. made goods. 

I know I will be visiting them often from now on.

Another thing that sort of got me thinking along the line was the spiritual state of our nation.  I remember when I first came here, Christianity seemed to be the majority of faith that every American family followed.  But slowly, that was changed, too.  Now we have all kinds of religions (openly) and we seemed to have slumped into a spiritual darkness like the sinking of the American economy.

I pray that by the renowned spunk spirit of the Americans and by the grace of God, that our America would be strong again, in the realms of both financial and spiritual.

Here are some links I have found:

http://americanmade1.blogspot.com/

http://usamade.wordpress.com/

http://madeinusaoreuro.blogspot.com/

I am sure you could find more by further Googling the topic.

No comments: