Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Mother's Simple Joy

I like simple things. My life has been a long complicated journey and thank the Lord that I could see His wisdom through simpleness.

If you have followed my blog for a while, you would have noticed that I have simplified the "blog look". I love talking about my daily life with my children. I like talking about homemaking process, I like talking about how God has daily blessed and protected me ~ all in simple words.

I also like to talk about joy. That's why I make my Thursday's post a remembrance of the joyful moments in my life.

This Thursday, my joy is having my married son and his family here in town visiting! I missed them so much since they moved away last year.

Photo courtesy ~ Christine



Erik and Emma



We had a blast! Peter finally met the niece who is older than himself and the nephew his same age. Watching the three playing together warmed my heart.


Christine and Joshua had been counting the days ever since they knew their big brother is coming home for a visit.

They will be here for three weeks. Even though we won't see them everyday, I know the memories we will be making in the few days we would be together will hold me through another year.

The simple joy for a mother of having all her children together is so precious as we all know, when the time comes for them to leave home, the mother knows she will cheer them on to whatever their endeavors would be but inside her heart she can't help but feel the void. I am far from having an empty nest but because of the big span of my children's ages, I got a taste of what it is like for mothers with older/married children.


My boys - 22, 12 and 2.
I thank the Lord for the time spent (and will spend) with my son, my daughter-in-law and my two beautiful grand kids. We didn't make any grand plans, just simply enjoying each other's company.

Through simpleness, I have found great joy in the life He gives me. Praise the Lord!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This post is linked to Sharon's Just for the Joy of it!

6 comments:

Money Saving Maine-iac said...

We have 4 boys, 26, 20, 11 & 7. Boy do the 2 youngest just eat up the visits of the older two. We are able to have Sunday dinner together at least once a month and those days are so full. Thank you for sharing your family joy!

Joyfull said...

AHH, the beauty of simplicity. A lesson I am trying to learn. What a blessing and inspiration you are! Love the pictures, hope that you will all enjoy this time together.

The Gaertegang Homestead said...

Thanks for stopping by to visit...feel free to come back anytime! Family is definately a JOYFUL thing in my life as well! God is so GOOD!

Jamie said...

Praise the Lord for visits! I'm not thrilled with the thought of having my little ducklings all spread out away from me, but I know that I'll have the strength to deal with it when it comes.

I'm sure it helps having such a little one still at home. How fun for him to be the uncle to kids around the same age as him!

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

Oh my goodness! I love that piano photo! Hope you have a wonderful 3 weeks.

Sharon said...

I'm appalling late in visiting this week, but I have to say that your words really touched me. What a wonderful blessing our children (and grandchildren!) are. I hope that your time together is absolutely WONDERFUL!