Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tackle it Tuesday: Chair pads

I was hoping to have the table and chairs all finished by yesterday but since I couldn't meet the "deadline" as I ran out of staples (I messed up used lots of staples), I decided to just post the part how I recovered the chair pads.







I have the batting so I only needed to purchase the fabric.


I decided not to take apart the existing cover as it is a light color and I need all the cushion I could get. :)
Here we go ~ The quilt batting first.



then the Needled Cotton Batting. I doubled the batting on this one.


Centered and stapled one spot on each side.


closed in.

I love how it feels at this stage and almost left it the way it was.


but..., we needed to move on.


My wrist and upper right arm were so sore after ONE covering was done. Since this is the first time I did this kind of labor, my muscle is telling me I needed to take it easy. Ha!


The finished look ~ not bad.


Robert spray painted the chairs and the table white since I am doing the chair pads (Christine took pity on me and helped me with the last two pads).


Tada! My new dinning chair!

I was hoping to say it took only a weekend for us to launch and finish this project, but I couldn't, yep, you guessed it. We started this project back in November 21 (I took a picture when Robert started taking the chairs and the table apart). Well, look at the bright side, it has kept us busy and we are almost there... I will post the final picture next week.


I am so thankful for Amy's weekly get off your fanny and finish it Tuesday Anti-Procrastination link party. It really helped me get things done. See you next Tuesday!

2 comments:

Amy Bowman said...

I love the fabric you picked out, it is something I would have picked:)
You are doing it! Thanks for sharing and being such a support at AP Tuesdays!

Donna said...

You did such a great job! So pretty. I have this on my project list. I am having a hard time narrowing down fabric choices!