Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Summer has begun

These last two weeks had to be the fastest two weeks of this year! My sister and her family left yesterday. It was wonderful seeing them after all these years! Stephanie was able to spend a few nights over at our home. We also went to the beach and the cousins couldn't get enough of the beach fun. Thankfully, the temperature soared up on the day we were there.

My brother also has flown home as well yesterday. He was here for six weeks visiting my mother and his old friends. Six weeks! How fast time flied by, once again.


We left on Thursday afternoon to visit my in-laws. It was a busy but fun week for all of us. We embrace sunny days! Once there, the children walked to the creek near their grandparents home many times just to enjoy the nature. I walked with them one time and Peter was just loving that little wagon at grandpa and grandma's. He was thrilled to be ridden on it pulled by anyone that's strong enough to do so (not me). :)


On our way home, Robert and I were excitedly discussing the possibility for me to return to the work force, in hope to clear our debt sooner and could own a piece of land somewhere. It was exciting talking about it but this morning after we woke up, really talked about it some more (with the children involved this time), we had to face the fact that it would not be a good idea for me to go back to work full time. I know this all along, but sometimes I got knocked down by the feeling of coveting. Contentment is an on going lesson, that's for sure.


My "job" right now is to raise my children, giving them the "best" of me and pray that the fruit is worthy in God's eyes. I've learned to save better, to do without better and most of all, to wait upon the Lord better. Better is not easier and that's my prayer that He will renew my strength every morning and help me to die to myself daily so that His will would become mine.


Stephanie looked like an Hawaiian here. Look at that beautiful long black hair!



Boys digging...


Girls playing...




Love this shot.


This dog followed Christine (or Christine followed it) around...


Wow! the power of the sun (Son)!

A great picture of Stephanie by Christine.


Aunt Becky (my dear sister).


Peter and I just stayed out of the sun under the umbrella. I know I know... he will be going down to the water next time. I think he is ready for it...


Peter is the only baby I have that would sit like this - the Japanese style.


I like this composition Christine did... click on the photo to enlarge it. It looks prettier when enlarged.


This guy could play many different music instruments. My friend Kim took my and her children to see him in the city library.


Jodi and her beautiful smile.


Of course Joshua had to pose for a picture, too. Nice hair Josh, enjoy it while you can. :)


Sweet Emily. You can't see it here, but her eyes are very pretty. No make-up enhancement needed at all!


What would a sleep over be without scrapbooking?


Working away with their creations.


A Stratago game with Josh. Peter looked on in the back ground. So cute!


Stephanie and Peter! He finally warmed up to Stephanie.

We are at my in-law's. The children just love this creek. They visit it every time they are at their grandparent's place.


Don't you just want to squeeze this face?


Another beautiful shot of Christine's. The love of capturing "the moment" is getting stronger as she grows older.


Peter got a taste of riding in a wagon. He wanted Daddy in the beginning...


He is settled...


hmmmm... What's down there...


Love that face.


I think I still want my Daddy to pick me up for now...


Maybe not...


ohhhhhhhhh..... Peter L.O.V.E.D. this ride! We thought he'd found his favorite ridding position. :)


Grandpa and grandma Liz.


Peter is so relaxing... poor brother Josh, the little guy is HEAVY to pull on the DIRT road and they were to stay off the black top.


Isn't this mountain view majestic? Christine took this picture. Click on it...


Robert always enjoy taking the children for a walk.


Taking another walk to the creek. This time I was with them.


Peter trying to write something with the stick.


my three Mountaineers...


This car drove by them and they had to quickly lifted Peter and the wagon up to the side of the dirt road. People like to come to this creek for some trouts.


My handsome cowboy Josh!


Peter found his favorite toys to play at grandpa and grandma's home. We had a hard time tearing him apart from these two items. A little farmer boy in the making...


I like this pose of them a lot. Ever since Peter was a little bitty boy, they've had pictures like this one taken. Peter is much heavier now (hence the sagging and leaning sitting position), even I have a hard time holding him standing up. LOL!


He had that "I'm up to something" look...


Joshua and Christine wanted to experiment the distance this home-made raft could travel...

Here it went...


At the other end of the creek...


It made it! A little raggady but otherwise the stick-raft is in one piece...


Joshua enjoyed his view from the top of this little sand hill...

No comments: