Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday!

Robert is off work today. We love it when we can have him with us on a Friday. No one slept in today as we wanted to get an early start on what need to be done and enjoy the rest of the day with Daddy home.


Joshua woke up at 5:30a.m. to start on his workboxes! I was so surprised to see him working away his boxes when I got down stairs at 7:30a.m.. His reason? "I want to get school done early today so I can hang out with Daddy this afternoon! I know what to do since you have already filled the boxes for me!" He was so excited about being able to do his work orderly and independently. I just love the self motivation this workbox thing promoted. AND, we know who's going to sleep well tonight.

He finished all his work at about 12:30p.m. He did a book report on Abraham Lincoln. Book report has never come easy to him. With the workbox system, though. I was able to break down the report to bite sizes. He did the rough draft and the second draft. We will finish the final draft on Monday. Joshua loves to write in cursive. He does not print at all. He is my precious "odd" child.




Rough and first draft of the book report.



Joshua loves to write in cursive.

No comments: