Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2009

classes/events planning day

This entry was typed three days ago on the 13th. We had some PC problems but Robert fixed it. It took a few days, but I am back. :)
Yesterday was a day filled with school paperwork. I finally got around figuring out what co-op classes and events the kids are going to attend for the next school year. We are a bit late in applying for the student council position for Christine, too. Hope she could get in.
School is almost over but the learning is not. We are still on math’s time tables, doing double efforts. We may go into the summer for that. Math-U-See is also coming into this household soon. I am excited about this extra curriculum.
I am reading this book “Every Child Can Succeed” that I borrowed from my friend Angela. T is a good book talks about different learning styles. I am not finished with it yet, but have picked up some pointers from it. I like the questionnaires they asked. This particular one in ‘the way we learn’ sort of got me. It asked if I am an early bird or night owl. Well, I used to be a night owl when I was single. Then I turned into an early bird after having children and when they are younger (before Peter). Now, I am both. I am still staying up late (around 10:30 – 11:00pm – I am working really hard on going to bed at 10:00pm though) and getting up early (5:30 – 5:45am). My down time is the afternoon, especially after a big lunch with dessert. I would plop right down on the coach and snooze off. We do our important school subjects (Bible, Math and Language Arts) in the morning, leaving the afternoon for History and Science and other works. Our schedule is strict with flexibility (is there such a combo?) It works for us. Since we have some co-op classes, we found that our schooling time is more pleasant when summer is near as the outside classes ended.

No comments: