Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

FLY Day 15 - Make your bed

Today is going to be a busy day. We have lots of things lined up. All good things, though. Since we will be out of the house most of the time, I thought I better check what's today's FLY assignment. Whew! It is another easy one - Make the bed. I struggled with making bed many years ago when I was a teenager. Then I learned how to make a nice bed by working part time in a motel one Summer. I vowed not to let my kids go through that bed making struggle I had. I started teaching them how to make bed when he/she turned three years old. At first, it was a hard chore as the little body wiggled left and right and just couldn't pull the sheet up, let alone making it straight. That was all right. I expected it. After a few years of the "training", they were able to make their bed nicely. Erik learned even more in how to make a good bed at a CAP boot camp. Christine and Joshua make their beds without any trouble nowadays. Peter... well, he has two more years to go before the training begins!

No comments: