Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

First Office Project

This is a project I have been contemplating to launch for a long time.

As much as I like to use spreadsheet to track everything, deep down I am still a pen and paper kind of gal. There is something about writing things down on that piece of paper/surface that gives me a sense of satisfaction.

With that, I had decided to switch back to using a wall calendar for my schedule tracking.

I don't use fancy calendars. Something from the Dollar store is sufficient. It is a tool after all. Now if I want it to do double duty, then I would be making a family calendar - it is also something I have in mind for a while. If it does come to fruition, I will share it here what that double duty would be.

While it serves its purpose to satisfy my hand written notes and keeping track of our busy life schedule, I was struggling when time came to toss it at the end of the year. I love looking back at all the scribbles on those pages and in a way, reliving the moments.

I could not bring myself to throw it away.

So, over the years, I have accumulated quite a stack of old, scribbled, wonderful, cherished calendars. Add to the fact that they are not uniform in sizes, hence storage had also been a problem.

Since I was going to set up my office this month, I decided to tackle this difficult (emotionally) project first.

I photographed each calendar month of the year and filed them in a folder and labeled the years digitally. Whenever I want to go down memory lane, I simply pull them up onto the computer screen.

Now I am able to say good-bye to my beloved old calendars by shredding them up.

I am sure this is not a new idea but it does take one a while to work on the emotional part of the project. We are all different in this area, for me it only took 34 years. :)

This is a sample of how I photographed the calendar as my scanner is not large enough to scan it (I used a new calendar page for privacy reason, obviously. :)) 




No comments: