Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Overnight Steel-Cut Oats

I have wanted to try this for a long time. I like having oatmeal for breakfast, except the fact that even with me piling up the toppings to the old fashion rolled oats, I still feel hungry about an hour or so later. I have heard about steel-cut oats but was frustrated about the cooking method and the length of time it takes to cook them. I decided to Google a better recipe in prepping the oats and I found it here. I tried it and it was a success! The meal was satisfying and sustaining. I did not feel hungry after breakfast until noon time. The best part, I am not the only one likes it. Now this recipe is here to stay for sure.
I soaked the boiled oats overnight and this was what I found this morning. So happy!
Delicious meal!
Peter ate up the whole bowl by himself - he only wanted maple syrup as topping.

No comments: