Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Juice Recipe: Mean Green

Mean Green was the first juice recipe I was introduced to when I watched Joe Cross's documentary film "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead!"
After I decided to take on the JTH project, I knew I have to get my taste palates a good "tongue wash" by thinking vegetable cold soup instead of sweet fruit juice.  Many of the juicing recipe ingredients involve vegetable, so I thought the sooner I get used to the idea of a soup taste instead of the fruit taste, the easier for me to drink them.
I was quite surprised when I juiced up the Mean Green recipe to find that it does not taste as "awful" as I thought it would be (provided I had switched the green apples to Gala apples). Because I am not tackling this project cold turkey style, I give myself plenty of time to adjust to he vegetable taste and also to slowly reduce the serving size of my meals.  Honestly, it has not been easy to eat a correct serving of food after indulging myself with it for so long. But I know the reward with be worth it so I will press on!
Here is the recipe I found on his site (there are more).  Try it, it really makes you feel healthy drinking it!

Mean Green
1 bulk of Kale
4 stalks of celery
1 cucumber
2 granny smith apples
1/2 lemon
Ginger root (thumb sized)


 My breakfast - followed by a "second breakfast" with protein/fiber breakfast items in the correct serving size. :)

Drink to health! 

No comments: