Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Home Made Granola


I can't remember where I saw this recipe but I decided to give it a try since Robert really likes to have granola with his homemade plain yogurt. All I have to say is "Yummmm!!!"

I am posting the recipe I got from a blog (I have to find out where I got it) Somehow I got the original recipe owner but did not get the blogger who posted it. :( If you are the blogger or recognize it, would you please let me know?  Thank you! :))

Nut & Seed Granola
from Feeding the Whole Family: Cooking with Whole Foods by Cynthia Lair (shared with permission)
3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup almonds, chopped
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch sea salt
1/3 cup cold-pressed vegetable oil (we like to use coconut, though all wet ingredients need to be at room temperature to do so)
1/3 cup brown rice syrup or maple syrup
1/4 cup apple or orange juice (in a pinch, most other juices have worked for us too)
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp almond extract
Preheat oven to 300degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, seeds, almonds, flour, cinnamon and salt; mix well. In a separate bowl, combine oil, syrup, juice and extracts. Slowly pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients, using a spatula to fold and evenly coat the dry mixture with the wet. Spread on a cookie sheet or in a shallow pan and bake. Turn granola every 15 or 20 minutes so that it toasts evenly. Bake until granola is dry and golden (45-60 minutes). Store in an air tight jar.



My new favorite healthy snack!


~This post is linked to Alicia's TNAT link party


No comments: