Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

The Basic Plan

This was one of my summer goals.  I am so happy that it was done - one week before we start school. 

When I shown the plan to Robert, he was ecstatic.  If I would have known that he is that much into this plan, I would have done it sooner.
Saturday was the first day we tested the plan and already, we had to edit the plan a bit and added a few more monthly things on the Saturday page that I did not think of before.  What was great is that Robert liked it so much that he wanted to continue to the next Saturday's tasks to "stay ahead" said he. (!) I explained to him the reason that the monthly tasks were spread out is so that we won't get burn out again and ditch the plan, "Got ya!" he said,.  We then wrapped up the day and had a nice evening of family time.

The plan did give us a sense of accomplishment at the end of a day, which works for our family at this point in our lives.

However, I know (from past experience) that there will be days in a row that we would "mess up", when that happens, we just need to be sure to stick to the calendar, which has all of the outside commitments/activities and just do what is written there.

This is our test drive week for the plan, it will be interesting to see how it went by the end of the week.

Bottom line, the plan is here to serve us, not the other way around.

This is in the order of importance of the whole plan:
The calendar
The "To Do" notebook
The menu - here and here
Evening Routine
Morning Routine
Basic Weekly Plan

I also noticed that if I have the calendar, The "To Do" notebook and the Home Management binder next to each other, things go much smoother.



~ Linked to Amy's AP party
                                                                                                

1 comment:

Marianne said...

I am working on the same thing for my family, but since life has thrown me a few curved balls this summer I have not got as far as you have.
If you don't mind I will use your ideas for future reference and inspiration and maybe it will get me out of my procrastinated rut.