Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Air Force Band

What an unforgettable evening!  The United States Air Force Band of the Golden West is the BEST!!!

Our CAP squadron was invited to attend an Air Force Band Concert this evening and I decided to go along with Robert and Joshua.  Boy, was I in for a treat!  The whole program was just amazing.  The quality of the music.... First Class!  They even surprised us with a guitar performance.  I am so glad I attended.  I was the only civilian dressed in our group.  Yeah, I got a lot of looks. LOL!

While we were waiting for the program to begin, I looked around the audience and realized most of them are from the Baby Boomer era.  It was a sea of grey/white heads.  I looked at some of them and wondered what stories they have that they could tell this generation about.  I love talking to old folks.  I used to sit and chatted with my neighbor's father, who served in World War II and I so enjoy listening to his war stories.  Most of the WWII veterans are gone now.  I belong to the Vietnam war generation.  It is my turn now to tell my kids what happened to my family from that war.  Wow.  Time flies, for sure.

As I was watching, listening, clapping, standing up, sitting down, more clapping, more standing up at tonight's event, there was not a single doubt in my mind that if I were to be born here, I would have joined one of the military branches serving this wonderful country now.

We honored all the military branches through songs at the end and I just couldn't stop clapping.  My heart was so full of gratitude for those who served, have served and is serving to ensure our freedom here in America!

God bless you, our true patriots!!!



__________________________________________________________________________________


P.S. I am posting some of the pictures of an Air Show our CAP squadron participated in last month...

My future Air Force Officer.


 Here are some collage of the helicopter Air Show

No comments: