Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

Be anxious for nothing

Happy New Year 2010!



Even though I have made a conscious effort not to make any resolution for this new year, as I have learned over the years that the only resolution I need and always seemed to stick to is the motto of "do the next thing". However, when I walked pass my husband's bookshelves (his night stand) this morning, I can't help but planning in my heart quietly that I would like to read this book.

I used to have tons of time to read and my favorite reading time has been right before I go to bed. However, in the last three years, I found myself quickly fell asleep the minute I hit the sack. I guess that's what happen to your body when you have a baby at an older age.

Philippians 4:6-7 has been one of my favorite life verses for many years. It is second to my most favorite one - Proverbs 3:5-6. You could see the Proverbs verse at my Blog's "about myself" description. Here is the Philippians one:

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." ~Philippians 4:6-7 (NASB)

This explained why I wanted to read the book.

My prayer is that the Lord will continue to teach and guide me in this new year as I serve my family and that I will have a more teachable heart.

Hope your new year is a clean slate and new opportunity to see His hand at work.

No comments: