Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day one with the Workbox System

Well I managed to get us started on the Workbox system today. I was quite nervous as I had no idea if Joshua would like it. He didn’t show any excitement about the system when I talked with him last week. He helped with putting the set up together but there were just no comments.

This morning at 7:20 am, I woke him up (the wake up time was supposed to be 7:00am but I did a load of laundry and took a shower… that dumped me into the late mode). Anyway, Peter woke up as well. I fed him breakfast before I ate mine.

Joshua came down stairs and found his before school chore/routine list, still, he said not much. He liked the one routine about checking his palm pilot, though. It gave him a big smile. After all of the morning routines were done, we began school at 8:00 am instead of 8:30 am as planned.

I walked him through how the system works and by 10:10 am he’d gotten 6 boxes done and by 11:20 am he was on box 9. Needless to say, he liked it! He said to me: “Mom, I’ve only three more boxes to go then I’ll be done with all the subjects! I like this system!” Oh, music to my ears. Yup! The Workbox system has just gained another happy user. :)


I had lots of fun making this picture list.




He went to bed at about 10:00pm. We need to do better tomorrow.


"Clocking in" for school time. Joshua appreciated the green button I printed for him.


Schedule strip for the day. Love the bite-size learning.



This was what were left by 10:10 a.m. this morning.



He finished all the subjects at about 12:15 p.m. "clocking out" time for a happy boy - and Mommy!

No comments: