Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2009

My Chinese Salad

The weather is beautiful today.


We had a basketball team celebration and we were to bring a side dish or a salad. I decided to bring my favorite potluck Chinese salad. I didn't have any left over to bring home for dinner! LOL!
Here's the recipe of the salad (it came to me with no name, you can give it a name if you like):


Salad:

1 cup chopped walnuts (I used pecans)
1 pkg of Ramen noodles (discard flavor packet), crush noodles
4 Tablespoons butter

Brown all together in skillet. Drain and cool on paper towels (or a brown paper bag).
Toss with 1 head Romaine lettuce, chopped broccoli florets and green onions.


Dressing:

1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup wine vinegar
3 teaspoons soy sauce
salt/pepper to taste

This dressing makes a lot, I only used half of it, so I would have enough for another salad on another day. The salad will get very soggy if let sitting overnight. It is very fresh and crunchy if you eat it right away. I always try to pour the dressing and mix the salad (with my gloved hand) right before I serve it.

P.S. Whenever I make this salad and have left over (that rarely happens here) BBQ chicken pieces, I would mix them together. It makes a very delicious one-dish summer meal.


Enjoy!


I always make the dressing first so it could chill in the fridge while I finish the rest of the salad making.

Brown the nuts and Ramen noodle with butter. Smell so good....

Drained the grease on an inside out brown paper bag. I just heart recycling...

Get the greens ready....

Tossed everything together right before serving at the park! It was half gone already when I remembered to take a picture of it. Next time I might double the recipe.

1 comment:

Iosue said...

I have to say, this is one of my favorite salads!
Your pics are great!

Roxane