Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Green Wrap

Now that we have a tree, I wanted to put a present under the tree for our kids to open. 

I have a gift certificate to a store and decided to get something for the older two.  Nothing fancy, just something they would love to have but won't die if they don't. :)

I will disclose the present after Christmas as I am not sure if they will be reading my blog. Hehehe.

Anyway, one thing I slightly frowned on was the wrapping materials.  I have two rolls of beautiful sturdy type of Christmas wrapping paper (thanks to freecycle.com), but since I couldn't find two small boxes in the house to put the items in, I just grab the empty diaper box and put them all in.  Since the diapers were a Costco buy, the box is huge.  I didn't want to use up all those pretty Christmas paper on a big box so I came up with this idea:

I have a few Christmasy (I made that word up) round table clothes my friend Christina R gave me many years ago, one looks festive and big enough to encase the box.  I gave it a try and the result was not bad.  As a matter of fact, I like it!

I used one of the flower bands to tie the tablecloth together.  No tag for this one as they will find out by looking at the items which is for whom. :)



No comments: