Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Tackle it Tuesday: Fire Starter Logs


My computer is back on. Yay!  I want to catch up on my posting, especially the Anti-Procrastination post at Amy's as it is a commitment I made for myself to get all of my project backlog taken care of this year.

So here is my Tuesday post even though it is a Friday. :) 

It has been almost a year now and I had enough of the "to be shredded" papers to make some fire starter logs!  We like to camp so these come in very handy when we could not find twigs to get the camp fire started.

Here is how I roll them:

Another way to recycle my paper bags. Love it!

I grabbed a bundle of the "to be shredded (or burnt in this case)" paper and put them into a bag.

This bag has handles, I just rip off one end on each side.  I did make sure it is the opposite direction as shown. (Thank you, my assistant Josh :)) 

* If it is a handle less bag, I just roll it and seal it with a piece of tape.


Start rolling, from bottom to top.


Here is where the little fancy play comes in.  I wrap the handle around the log...


and taped it down tight with the scotch tape.


I put two tapes for a more secure seal.


I let Joshua show you the other wrap as I am holding the camera...


Tape it down!  Good job Josh!


Turn it over, doesn't it look like a cute little fire log?



I have enough scrap to make five logs today.



So glad to have this tackled!  One more project down, 39, or 49 more to go.... Just kidding!


I think I may have enough papers to make a couple more before the family head out for a camping trip (whenever it will be).  This had worked well in the past for us so the kids naturally get excited whenever they see mom comes in the house with a bag full of "to be shredded/burnt" paper scrap.  They can smell the camp fire already!

1 comment:

Amy said...

this is a great idea! I have family members who use backyard fire pits often, I will be sending them your link! Thanks for linking up to "AP Tuesdays!" So glad your computer is back:)