Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

History Making

Abby Sailed off this morning to make history in the sea world.

Christine told her good friend Abby that she and the other friends will be taking her out to Starbucks and In-N-Out for some real food when she gets back.

Abby Sunderland, daughter of a family in our homeschool support group, is embarking a sea journey, trying to break the record of the non-stop, unassisted, youngest female solo circumnavigation in the world.

We went down to the harbor to see Abby off and even got to hop on a "media" boat to accompany her out of the harbor and into the ocean.

It was quite an experience. We are so proud of Abby and we will be praying for her safety until she returns in June.

To support Abby, I think I will order a pair of shoes for Christine from Shoe City.
Audrey and Christine ~ the "photographers".
I love Christine's sunny smile!

Robert and Peter in the back of the media boat. Peter loved the sea! :)


Abby's boat. Photo by Christine



Christine snapped this picture (the media boat that I was on), you can't really see me, I was behind the blue jacket man. But Joshua is in plain view - the right hand corner with the blue cap.

1 comment:

Budgets are the New Black said...

What an amazing woman! I hope you keep us updated on her whereabouts/status! What an amazing, brave journey!