Pages

Friday, March 6, 2009

Peter's Diet



I was feeding Peter breakfast this morning and had realized we've come a long way with Peter's diet. I want to record it so that I would remember what he ate during his first year of solid food adventure. I got some helpful info from a christian blogger Lindsay (by the way, She just gave birth to a baby boy!) and went ahead to do my own things. The Supper Baby Food book helps a lot as far as what is good for the baby and at what age. Since our library doesn't have a copy of it I ordered one from Amazon.com. It is such a great resource book to have if one wants to make their own baby food.

So, Peter's diet as of March 6th, 2009 consisted:

Breakfast - At 7:30 am - half of an avocado (or egg yoke with brown rice porridge), mashed Banana with a heap teaspoon of goat milk yogurt and a 4 oz. bottle of Next step ProSoy formula. (He has just stopped the nursing part last Friday- I was sad but didn't want to force him to continue - I wanted to have a pleasant memory of the experience)

Snack - a 4 Oz. bottle of ProSoy Formula at about 10:00 am.

Lunch - At about 12:30pm - A cube of ground chicken, a cube of yellow veggie (butternut squash, carrot or some mashed sweet potato) and a cube of green veggie (green beans, green peas or asparagus) I microwaved for a minute the three cubes in with the brown rice porridge to make a healthy bowl of lunch. Dessert has been apple sauce with a quarter of the yummy Trader Joe's yellow peaches (the glass jar of peaches came in with white grape juice for the "canning"), followed by a 4 Oz. of bottle of ProSoy Formula. (and yes, he ate them all up! He is a happy eater.)

Afternoon snack - a 4 Oz. bottle of ProSoy Formula at about 3:30 - 4:00 pm.

Dinner - At 5:30 - 6:00 pm. Same food as lunch.

Before bed - at about 7:30 pm - a 4 Oz. bottle of ProSoy Formula.

I am working on cutting off the before bed bottle as it is not a great idea to have a baby dozes off with a bottle in his mouth, According to Doctor Greene. Although Peter usually finishes the bottle and is still semi-conscious, none the less, I still want to work on this after he turns one. I am not in a hurry for him to grow up...

No comments: